Thursday, April 26, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Dog philosophy du'jour
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Dogs just keep on saving lives!!
Dog's barking alerted her owner to a fire
JUNEAU -- A woman says her dog saved her life when her apartment complex was consumed by a fire that left 18 people homeless.
Coco, a 4-year-old husky, reportedly woke up owner Jacqueline Cropley during a fire that ultimately destroyed Cropley's apartment and most of her belongings.
"Coco, she started barking at my door, scratching at my door," Cropley said. "She says, 'Mama, mama.' "
Cropley, 51, was asleep Wednesday morning when a lit cigarette apparently blew onto a couch outside and started the blaze.
"I opened the door, and it was like a nightmare. It was black smoke, and I couldn't see the road -- red, yellow and blue flames going up the porch."
Coco has been nervous and depressed since the fire, Cropley said.
"She was having really bad nightmares," Cropley said. "Her paws were moving and she was whimpering."
Cropley, a lifelong Juneau resident, is trying to find a new place to live but has been turned down by several landlords because they don't allow pets.
(from Anchorage Daily News)